ROLE: We are seeking someone with a heart for and experience with children’s ministry, as well as excitement for Current’s vision. Exact title to be determined based upon the candidate and experience.
ABOUT CURRENTKIDS: We believe it takes a village to raise children, and our vision for kids is relationship – with Jesus and one another – and to help equip parents/caretakers to be primary faith nurturers. In addition to our sweet and quickly growing group of little ones (mostly ages 0-7), we are excited to regularly have a number of unchurched kids at our Sunday services and events.
- Environment: kids’ safety is prioritized
- Bible: Kids learn the gospel, get to know Jesus in relationship. Stories always point to Jesus.
- Relationships: Kids make friends with peers and teachers
- Family: Parents/Caretakers are equipped to be primary faith nurturers
- Fun: Kids can’t wait to come back!
- Recruit, train and build relationships with volunteers. Help them see the amazing kingdom opportunity they have to pour into little ones!
- Oversee CurrentKids on Sundays:
- Plan curriculum, crafts, activities, songs (and/or oversee those that do)
- Manage supplies, snacks, etc.
- Maintain and further develop procedures as required
- Develop and plan for structures such that in a growing church startup we always have
capacity “one shoe size” bigger than we currently need.
- Build relationships with the kids & families! Follow up with new families and kids. Pray
for them and teachers. Keep lead pastor apprised of any shepherding or care needs.
- Initiate and oversee kids-related activities and care at All-Church or Community events
- Personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Heart for Current’s vision to move people in the Silicon Valley toward Christ
- Becomes a part of the Current SV community
- Self-starter and initiative taker
- Team player
- Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality on private info when necessary
- Good with deadlines
- Ability to organize and recruit volunteers
- Comfortable with ambiguity of a startup environment
TO APPLY: contact Cindy Collister, Executive Director at email@example.com
ABOUT CURRENT: Current Silicon Valley is a church startup based in Mountain View, CA, launched in September 2016. Our vision is to activate believers to live for God’s kingdom first and to bring friends into the faith via gospel centered community. We aim to move people in the SV toward Jesus, wherever they are in their spiritual journey. By God’s grace, we are seeing people put their faith in Jesus and gospel conversations happening regularly.
Current Silicon Valley
P.O. Box 70518
Sunnyvale, California 94086